Administrative Assistant to CEO and EA of CEO
This position provides support to the Black Dragon Capital Founder and CEO and provides back-up support to the CEO Executive Assistant (EA) by handling a variety of task from managing an extremely active calendar of appoints and arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas. Additional responsibilities vary and include, but are not limited to, arranging personal tasks and activities. We are an operationally led firm and culture that applies our unique operational knowledge into how we operate the firm and manage our investments. What sets us apart is that the same entrepreneurial spirit and energy that made us successful in an operational role should translate to building a different kind of investment firm.
You’ve been an assistant to a senior leader of a company, so you’re comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You’ve had to make tough judgment calls in a variety of situations and are able to quickly understand your CEO’s needs and preferences well enough to comfortably make decisions autonomously and anticipate how to provide support. You’re a forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, proactively proposes solutions, and consistently meets deadlines. You’re a resourceful team-player but also enjoy working independently at times. You have a high attention to detail, accuracy and have a strong and extensive background in planning multiple travel arrangements, with the ability to provide detailed and accurate itineraries to the CEO. You like being committed to a team and understand that this requires a level of effort that comes with the role. While we work hard and strive for performance, we understand that we control our time through our preparation and attention to detail. This role requires 24/7 availability even though it often won’t be needed.
- Assist with calendar management for the CEO: Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Keeping the CEO updated on upcoming meetings, events or changes to his schedule.
- Travel Arrangements: Work with Director of Special Projects on flights and hotels to sorting out ground transport, airport clue meeting room bookings and facilitating, ensure CEO has complete and updated itinerary prior to travel, continue to monitor travel arrangements for last minute changes – ensuring CEO is updated to all changes.
- Anticipate Needs and Preferences: Work with the Executive Assistants who have the exceptional ability to anticipate the needs and preferences of the CEO. This means not constantly relying on him for direction but having the foresight to predict and plan.
- Supporting the Executive Assistant in completing expense reports on behalf of the CEO and obtaining, maintaining and keeping track of all receipts for CEOs as needed.
- Assist in preparation of Microsoft Office365 based deliverables, including processing changes and final format of various documents in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the team.
- Personal efficiency tasks may include, but are not limited to setting up doctor appointments, coordinating family activities, gift coordination, and flight check-ins.
- Serve as the administrative liaison to others in the Company and with clients.
- Available 24x7 even though it often won’t be needed.
- Ability to meet in person at least once a week for calendar review meetings, document signings or in person assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or finance, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize accordingly to effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines and travel arrangements.
- Highly tech savvy and exceptional in Microsoft Office365.
- Highly proficient with the online calendar of an executive and using Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be willing to travel to conferences, business events and other industry events as needed for event support.
- Must have at least 5 years of Executive Assistant, Financial Analyst Admin Assistant, or Virtual Assistant experience in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Hybrid - Min 2 days in office - must have a car and be flexible on in office days.